The Five Step Cycle of Persuasive Communication
Persuasive communication is not a sound bite, it is a process.
- Understand exactly what you need to say, and why.
- Emotionally and intellectually, you must stand in the shoes of the listener until you understand what the listener believes or knows about you, and about what you need to say.
- You must carefully map the journey, then you must make provisions for the journey.
- Walk together with your listener, and keep trust.
- Assess, refine and repeat as necessary.